Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society (B.U.M.S.) is a casual gathering of ukulele players, from beginners to advanced to people who just appreciate the joy of uke! We meet at 7pm on the first Wednesday of each month for a casual jam session, skills sharing and musical fun.
We’ll be (loosely) following this agenda for the evening:
- We play some Warm-up numbers a couple of “standards” – download a copy from our Standards page.
- Monthly songs – suggestions from any BUMS member or guest are welcome. Send song suggestions to Michelle; please be prepared to lead it. See the May songs page.
- News and Announcements (short and sweet)
- Individual showcase – individuals will have the opportunity to showcase a pet project, e.g. an original, an interpretation, new favourite songs, piece they’re learning/developing
- Homework – from the previous month. See the May songs page for homework. Send a homework song suggestion to Michelle.
- More standards to end the night!
Where: Coorparoo Bowls Club, 32 Riddings Street, Coorparoo. See a map in Where is B.U.M.S.? Feel free to stop by the bar and grab a drink or order some food.
When: 7pm until 9.30-ish Wednesday 4 May
Bring: A smile and a ukulele. Members enter free (to become a member click here). We also ask for a modest $5 entry fee from non-members to help cover overheads.
Download a copy of the jam songs for May and a copy of our “standard” songs. You can send song suggestions to Michelle. If you suggest a song be prepared to lead it – so make sure you have the chords and can teach it to us if no one else knows it!