Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society (B.U.M.S.) is a casual gathering of ukulele players, from beginners to advanced to people who enjoy meeting with like minded folk and basically just appreciate the joy of uke!
We meet for a casual jam session, skills sharing and musical fun on the:
1. First Wednesday of each month @ Coorparoo Bowls Club , 32 Riddings Street, Coorparoo (Big BUMS) . . . . 7 PM (Feb 6th, 2013)
See a map in Where is B.U.M.S.? Feel free to stop by the bar and grab a drink or order some food.
2. Second Friday of each month @ Blackstar Cafe, 44 Thomas St, West End (WEE BUMS) . . . 7 PM (Feb 8th, 2013)
3. Third Sunday of each month @ The Joynt, 48 Montague Road, South Brisbane . . . 1:30 PM (Feb 17th, 2013)
4. Fourth Tuesday of each month @ Chermside Bowls Club, 468 Rode Rd, Chermside (Northside BUMS) . . . 7 PM (Feb 26th, 2013)
We’ll be (loosely) following this agenda for the evening:
- Warm-up numbers
- Monthly songs
- News and Announcements (short and sweet)
- Individual showcase – individuals will have the opportunity to showcase a pet project, e.g. an original, an interpretation, new favourite songs, piece they’re learning/developing
Other B.U.M.S. affiliated groups around town:
Second Tuesday of each month @ Pacific Harbour Golf Club, 141-159 Avon Avenue Banksia Beach - Bribie Uke Group (BUG) 7 – 9 PM. Contact Lyn: 0403 829 293.
First Monday of each month @ Toowong Bowls Club, 9 Gailey Road Taringa – First Monday Group . . . . 7 PM
Bring: A smile and a ukulele. Members enter free (to become a member click here). We also ask for a modest $5 entry fee from non-members to help cover overheads.
You can send song suggestions to us for either night. If you suggest a song be prepared to lead it – so make sure you have the chords and can teach it to us if no one else knows it!
We look forward to seeing you at one (or more) of our venues . . . .